Made by Mojo
When you change, people either change with you or they leave your life forever
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
So pretty
Still more snow today and it's getting prettier and prettier the more that falls. Looks like I might be able to get the blades out fairly soon to play in the field. There's still a bit of green poking thourgh but not for much longer.













What's even better of course is that I get to have a wood-burning stove going in my office to keep me warm. How cosy is that?



In knitting news I've set myself back a couple of days on the Aran jumper - mainly because there was a mistake that the more I looked at I felt less able to live with. It was in panel E which is the most repeated pattern and because it put the alignment of the crossing cables off by 2 rows I found it more and more noticeable as the back got bigger. Of course most folk wouldn't have noticed but it was starting to annoy me so I thought "sod it" and ripped it right back to the beginning. I wasn't that happy with the evenness of my rib either so I've changed from 1x1 rib to 2x2 rib. It just looks better. At least when I get back up to the cable patterns I'm fairly familiar with 4 out of the 5 panels so I should get back up to the same bit I stopped at within a couple of nights. Call it a learning experience. I can see me wanting to be more perfect about doing this than quite a few other things - mainly because it's for someone else and it's the sort of jumper which should last for 15-20 years if it's looked after properly, which I know Dennis will.

Just had a pile of snow fall off the roof with a loud "tud"!
posted by Maureen @ 11:36 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
  • 1940's lacey jumper: 50%
  • Flicca: 60%
  • Ogee Lace Skirt: 10%
  • Wavy Scarf: 20%
  • Blackthorn: 55%
  • French Wraparound Gilet: 10%
  • Paton's Aran Cardi: 25%
  • Strawberry Hill: 15%
About Me

Name: Maureen
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives

Powered by Blogger

free web tracker Subscribe with Bloglines
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Made by Mojo. Make your own badge here.
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Made by Mojo . template by isnaini dot com