Made by Mojo
When you change, people either change with you or they leave your life forever
Thursday, March 23, 2006
One piece down...three to go!
And by 8 o'clock this morning I managed to complete the back of Dennis' jumper. The last few rows were done in bed while watching the BBC Breakfast News, with the odd flick across to Friends on Channel 4! Relieved to have one piece complete anyway. The pattern is much easier the more you do it. I haven't a clue how long it's going to take to do the rest of it yet. Dennis is actually popping round tomorrow morning to drop off the lorry (for picking up the new - to us - greenhouse on Saturday) so i can show him progress "in the flesh" as it were. Hope he's pleased with it.






It is a good challenge but I do have to give myself little achievable tasks for little breaks every so often - plus it's definitely not transportable for offshore. Offshore knitting has to be a lot smaller to fit into small amounts of luggage.
posted by Maureen @ 6:18 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really beautiful!! I just finished my first cable scarf and am working on cable booties right now so I stand in awe. What type of cable needle do you use?

     
  • At 12:05 pm, Blogger Maureen said…

    I just use a bent cable needle - the ones with the small kink in the middle. Less likelihood of the stitches slipping off before you're ready to knit them. Because of the amount of cabling being done the needle is spending a lot of time in my mouth between panels - quicker than setting it down and picking it up again. If only I could learn to cable without having to use a cable needle then that would be so much quicker.

     
  • At 9:28 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Maureen!

    I've got a question on Clover as I see from the KAL page that you finished yours ages ago (1 year on I'm finally seaming mine up!). How the hell did you get the neckband to fit? I just can't see how it will stretch far enough to lay flat at all. Did yours stretch easily being wool?

    Can't say I'm impressed with the pattern, especially as it's supposed to be a book for beginners....

    Thanks!

    Anna (annadh at gmail dot com)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
  • 1940's lacey jumper: 50%
  • Flicca: 60%
  • Ogee Lace Skirt: 10%
  • Wavy Scarf: 20%
  • Blackthorn: 55%
  • French Wraparound Gilet: 10%
  • Paton's Aran Cardi: 25%
  • Strawberry Hill: 15%
About Me

Name: Maureen
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives

Powered by Blogger

free web tracker Subscribe with Bloglines
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Made by Mojo. Make your own badge here.
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Made by Mojo . template by isnaini dot com