Made by Mojo
When you change, people either change with you or they leave your life forever
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Starting to come back...slowly!
And this is what is what I finished off on Christmas Eve, Eiffel from Knitty. I haven't bothered with the velvet ribbon trim but that's purely because I'm too lazy. I finished it in under a week, mainly because the only finishing off you have to do is a wee bit of grafting under the oxters (or in my case a 3-needle bind-off because I can't graft to save myself) and some sewing in of ends. I used up some Paton's 100% cotton DK in Foxglove that was in my stash from my brilliant sesh I had in Littlewood's when it closed down - 70p (35c) a ball (100g). Since it took 2 and a half balls that meant it has cost me the grand total of £2.10 to knit. We won't count the cost of the bamboo dpn's I bought to actually make it - that doesn't count!
posted by Maureen @ 6:25 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:58 pm, Blogger Lola and Ava said…

    That looks lovely . . . espcially knowing the cost! I bought the yarn called for and it set me back $99. Would rather have tossed the $4 away, but I can deal with it. Anything in particular you noticed about the pattern? I have been so scattered lately in my knitting that I can't seem to finish anything.

     
  • At 10:04 pm, Blogger Maureen said…

    I actually found it a really easy pattern to get into the swing of but then I'm also a lover of lace so that might have had something to do with it. The only thing is that because mine is knit with cotton, and therefore no give, I just made doubly sure that I didn't cast off the neckline too tightly.

     
  • At 9:14 pm, Blogger CaveGurl said…

    Your Eiffel is lovely! I am currently knitting it for the Sexy Knitter's Club KAL. I am using a cotton blend yarn from my stash that I got for a song when my LYS went out of business.
    I am currently stuck on the 1st sleeve. Now it could be that I have never used dnps before or that this is my first official sweater, either way after my fourth try I am finally on my way!!
    Thanks for the inspiration! Your Eiffel looks great, I just hope mine turns out as well!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
  • 1940's lacey jumper: 50%
  • Flicca: 60%
  • Ogee Lace Skirt: 10%
  • Wavy Scarf: 20%
  • Blackthorn: 55%
  • French Wraparound Gilet: 10%
  • Paton's Aran Cardi: 25%
  • Strawberry Hill: 15%
About Me

Name: Maureen
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives

Powered by Blogger

free web tracker Subscribe with Bloglines
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Made by Mojo. Make your own badge here.
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Made by Mojo . template by isnaini dot com