Made by Mojo
When you change, people either change with you or they leave your life forever
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
A bit up and down
Been feeling all over the place this last week or so - I think it's the side effects from the IUS and I'm hoping it settles down soon as I really don't need to go back to being a depressed bunny when I've been doing so well. It's very annoying and I'm trying to talk myself out of all the down mindsets that keep appearing but it is hard going. It would be a lot easier if I had some work lined up but it's all a bit up in the air at the moment. I've made myself some choc/apricot cookies to cheer myself up - at least I get to control the sugar that way rather than with bought biscuits.

On a slightly more cheerful note I've got loads of wee things on the go at the moment. I joined the Leftovers Vest knitalong and I'm almost up at the sleeves already (I'll do pictures tomorrow when there's some half-decent light). I got my Nicky Epstein book through from Amazon so I've started one of the leaf edgings from it. It's kind of inspired me for a camisole idea with edgings and ruffles on it. I'm doing that in an old ball of Rowan DK Soft (cream) that I found in my stash cupboard and it should be a nice contrast to the Jaeger Albany in cream that I got in the sale the other week. A nice wide cream ribbon for straps would finish it off nicely I reckon. And finally I finished ripping out an old bikini style top that had lain, unfinished, in my cupboard for years and it is now to be remade into the ubiquitious Clapotis. This seems easy enough so far and if it goes well I can see me making it in a few different yarns to be used as shawl/scarf/etc for a variety of occasions. The yarn I'm using is an olive-green background with some cream, pink and blue slubs in it. Very pretty.

It was a SnB night on Thursday which was a good laugh. There were only 5 of us there (no "Ferryhill" mommies) so we could all fit on the sofas and be fine and comfy. Me and Theresa were the last to go home so we sat and yapped until we got chucked out of the bar. Hopefully there's going to be another one in a couple of weeks - they definitely help keep me sane. It's the Stitchcraft exhibtion on at the AECC this weekend as well so I will try to be good and not spend too many pennies. It's myself and Vicki's totally girlie treat to ourselves and at least she appreciates crafty things as well. I'm sure I'll bump into a few SnB buds there. Think I'll drop Wilma a quick email too to see if she's going.

Mum has been asking what I'd like for my birthday so I've managed to persuade her that some gift vouchers for Amazon would be well cool. I just have to write to her to explain how to do it as she is no expert on the online business. It will be a step-by-step guide - in great detail! Time to get the fire going and have a bit of knitting therapy. I'll have to get hold of the research paper which found that knitting helps reduce your blood pressure just as proof that it's *medically* good for me and not me just avoiding work or nasty things.

So what's the plan for the next few days to keep me happy:
1. do update photos of my ongoing projects;
2. do photos of my completed projects for the last year;
3. try and post them onto a wee gallery so folk can actually look at them - it might happen some day and;
4. keep myself on the happy side of things by being nice to myself.

Time to get a puddycat to cuddle methinks - now where are they hiding?
posted by Maureen @ 7:09 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
  • 1940's lacey jumper: 50%
  • Flicca: 60%
  • Ogee Lace Skirt: 10%
  • Wavy Scarf: 20%
  • Blackthorn: 55%
  • French Wraparound Gilet: 10%
  • Paton's Aran Cardi: 25%
  • Strawberry Hill: 15%
About Me

Name: Maureen
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives

Powered by Blogger

free web tracker Subscribe with Bloglines
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Made by Mojo. Make your own badge here.
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Made by Mojo . template by isnaini dot com