That's never happened to me before! I didn't think that many folk actually paid that much attention to me. Better not be rude so I'll play the game.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?:
In 1998 I was leaving further education for the second time (an HND in hotel management the first time round, a BSc in Health Sciences the second time). I was with long-term partner number 2 and about to embark on a fabulous career in research. Didn't quite pan out that way in real life but hey ho!
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?:
What did I do today...?
- put my car to an auto-electrician to get the windows fixed. I wish my windows were an old-fashioned window winder. Instead it's cost me over £200 to get the wiring fixed just so I can open my window and get car park tickets without having to open the door!
- fed the cat (important when one is only at the house half the time - there are loads of mice but it's nice to top him up)
- finished off some work for a portfolio for one of the oil platforms - and handed it in
- cast on for the Hexacomb Cardi out of the Spring 2008 Interweave Knits
- booked the ferry home to Orkney for my Dad's wedding next week and booked flights for me and my bloke to go back up to Orkney for the school reunion in Sept (we're all 40 this year!)
3) Snacks I enjoy:
4)Things I would do if I was a billionaire
- tortilla chips and the really synthetic cheesy dip you get in jars out of Lidl's
- Salad Cream sandwiches
- summer fruits/dried fruit
- toast with loads of butter
- Give up work (somebody else would need my job much more than me) and buy a wee farm for my honey (not long-term BF no 2 - he's gone - we're onto sweetness no 3...I'm fickle!) so he can grow his heritage strain raspberries (is there any other fruit!) and have an orchard and then I can have my sheep, pigs, ducks and chickens. No goats though - that shows you up as an "incomer" around these parts!
- buy a peedie traditional cottage in Orkney to use as a holiday home - preferably overlooking the Bay of Skaill
- travel to the places I haven't made it to yet
- give enough to my friends and family who need it so that they can be comfy
- make sure that Women's Aid/Rape Crisis got the real financial help they deserve
5)Places I have lived
6) Jobs I have had
- About to be Laurencekirk (I'm going to be a Sunset Song girl!)
- Hospitality trade (waitress/chef)
- Civil Servant
- Library Assistant
- Health & Well-being Consultant