Made by Mojo
When you change, people either change with you or they leave your life forever
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Something new!

I got bored. The Handmaiden silk kept winking at me, toying with me, saying "you want to play with me baby..." It was pleading with me to look out a pattern and start to knit. Something delicate and pretty. Not necessarily something that is going to be an everyday wear item. A bit more special than that.


So I started to look to see what I could find. And this seemed like the perfect option. The Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave Knits (Fall 2006). I've already completed 7 repeats of the main lace pattern. It's pretty fast but as only 3 out of the 6 rows in this section are patterned rows it's not exactly difficult. I've actually upped the needle size to 5mm so I can end up with a larger, airier shawl but when one is considering using this as a substitute for a jacket on posh evenings out and one lives in a climate which is wet and not particularly warm then there is a logic hidden in there somewhere.

And now it's time to return to the work stuff - even though I so don't want to. This week I go offshore to present on Respiratory...while I have a stinking cold and so will be coughing and spluttering away in front of the guys. Yeah! Go me!
posted by Maureen @ 10:47 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
  • 1940's lacey jumper: 50%
  • Flicca: 60%
  • Ogee Lace Skirt: 10%
  • Wavy Scarf: 20%
  • Blackthorn: 55%
  • French Wraparound Gilet: 10%
  • Paton's Aran Cardi: 25%
  • Strawberry Hill: 15%
About Me

Name: Maureen
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives

Powered by Blogger

free web tracker Subscribe with Bloglines
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Made by Mojo. Make your own badge here.
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Made by Mojo . template by isnaini dot com